Monday, August 1, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 1, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

The storm cleanup continues as does the search for a house or land to build one. The insurance adjuster was here on Friday. He decided that we need a complete new roof on the house and gave us a first check for half the cost of re-roofing. Now my brother will be looking for a roofing contractor and getting on the list to have this done. I'm sure the list will be long. There was a whole lot of damage from this storm.

I have found some land that I think will work to build a house and am going with my brother to meet my realtor and the listing agent to get a more detailed look at it Monday morning. My brother and I drove to it and looked on Thursday but we aren't at all clear where the lot lines are.

As if to make up for the storm, our weather this week has been excellent. It has been clear, sunny, and in the 70s all week. This is the sort of summer I like best!

Read Last Week
Poisoned Blade by Kate Elliott follows Court of Fives and was another excellent fantasy adventure. My review will be posted on August 13 for this August 16 release.

The Ones by Daniel Sweren-Becker was an interesting dystopia that will be released on September 6. Look for my review on September 1.

Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton was an excellent contemporary romance. I'll be posting the review of this September 6 release on September 3.
I also had a chance to read two books from my TBR mountain this week.

The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton was a historical fantasy that begins a series. I enjoyed it so much that I bought the rest of the series for my Kindle. My review will be posted on August 31.

Exposure by Kathy Reichs was the next one on my stack in the Virals series. I am enjoying these action-packed science fiction mysteries. My review will be posted on September 7.

Currently

I haven't started my next book yet. The calendar says Sinner but it might be Invisible Monsters first instead. Sometimes it is hard to choose between dragons and werewolves.

Next Week
Then, from the review stack:
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
The rest of the Faerie Ring series for my Kindle:
The rest of the series that started with Stormdancer:
A Kindle freebie - Feyland by Anthea Sharp
Three more for my review stack:
You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the storm damage! I hope you find the perfect place to build your new home.

    I want to read Long May She Reign. It sounds really interesting. I am going to wait to request or download any 2017 releases as I am still so behind on books from 2016!

    Hope you have a good week with more decent weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! More new to me reads! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many books! I remember that I felt I HAD to read Forever before I bought it, just because of the Blume title! Building, huh? I'm looking forward to a condo when The girls move out-- never have to mow the lawn, to quote Weird Al!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!