Monday, August 15, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 15, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

The house purchase is going okay. I think they are ready to put the "Pending" sign on the For Sale sign. It seems like I am talking to bankers, insurance agents, and realtors a couple of times a day.

I have a friend visiting for the weekend and we are playing computer games, watching the Olympics, and watching the final season of Bitten. We are also going out to eat and maybe doing some tourist things. 

Because of all this stuff, I haven't had much time to read. I have been reading the same book since Wednesday and am not even half way.

Read Last Week
Trace Evidence by Kathy Reichs and Brendan Reichs collects the novellas written around the Virals series. I enjoyed the multiple viewpoints and that the first story was when Tory first meets Kit and the last was at Kit's wedding. My review will be posted on September 21.

I read Chasing Impossible by Katie McGarry which features a number of characters from her Pushing the Limits series. It was a nice contemporary romance. My review will be posted on November 3.
The Initiation (Lock & Key) by Ridley Pearson begins a new series which moves Sherlock Holmes and James Moriarty to modern times and high school. My review will be posted on September 15.
 
Finn's Choice by Darby Karchut is the final book in this middle grade series. I will miss these characters. My review will be posted on September 17.

Currently
I am currently reading A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess. I just got this September 20 release this week.

Next Week

Three October releases are on the top of my stack for this week.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess (Sept. 20)
The Rains by Gregg Hurwitz (Oct. 18)
The final SYNC audiobooks were:
I also bought a copy of middle grade mystery Friday Barnes: Under Suspicion by R. A. Spratt. I read the first book in this series as an ARC and enjoyed it.

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read.  

3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great time with your friend. Sounds like a nice way to spend the weekend.

    I want to read Chasing Impossible and A Shadow Bright and Burning also looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I featured A Shadow Bright and Burning as one of my Waiting on Wednesday books! I hope you enjoyed it!

    Here's my weekly round up : #IMWAYR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things turn out good with the new house signing situation! And ooh nice set of reads! A Shadow Bright and Burning is in my TBR pile! Hoping to get to it before its release but the future is cloudy in that area for a lot of my BEA books that I still haven't read! Whoops! LOL!

    I guess the whole Bitten series ended up upsetting me when it detoured from the books mid season in season 1. I told myself not to think it would stick with the storyline all the way through, but I guess I was just upset that it ended at season 3. Oh well! Hope you and your friend enjoy it as well!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!