It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.
Other Than Reading...
This has been another week of jumping through hoops to get a mortgage. Lots of phone calls and emails have been flying between my banker, my employer, my insurance agent, and me.
My friend went home last Monday after a nice visit. I spent the rest of the week watching the Olympics and playing lots of computer games.
I just have one week of vacation left before I return home for a few days of workshops and then the start of school. I'm eager to meet all of our new staff. We have 13 new professional staff and still a number of paraprofessional positions to fill.
Read Last Week
A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess begins a new historical fantasy series. I enjoyed this one and can't wait for the rest of the trilogy. My review will be posted on September 22.
Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson is the second book in her historical Gold Seer fantasy series. I love the 1849 California setting.
I am being overly ambitious in thinking I'll read all these next week but they are the next six on my reading list.
- Ember and Echoes by Karsten Knight (TBR Pile)
- Friday Barnes Under Suspicion by R. A. Spratt (TBR pile)
- The Littlest Bigfoot by Jennifer Weiner (Review Stack - Sept. 13 release)
- Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig (Review Stack - Oct. 4 release)
- The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia (Review Stack - Oct. 4 release)
- The Row by J. R. Johansson (Review Stack - Oct. 4 release)
- Code by Kathy Reichs and Brendan Reichs
- Serafina and the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty
- The Silence of Murder by Dandi Daley Mackall
House of Secrets by Stephanie Burgis - novella for my Kindle
You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read.