Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: The Masked Truth by Kelley Armstrong

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
Max slams his open hand into my shoulder, knocking me sideways. I start to turn, but he's pushing me toward the adjoining hall, and I realize the noise from behind us has changed—not cries and scuffling now but one of our captors shouting, "Where the hell is the girl?"
This week my teaser comes from The Masked Truth by Kelley Armstrong. This one has been on my TBR mountain since July 17, 2015. Here is the description from Amazon:
Riley Vasquez is haunted by the brutal murder of the couple she was babysitting for.

Max Cross is suffering under the shadow of a life-altering diagnosis he doesn't dare reveal.

The last thing either of them wants is to spend a weekend away at a therapy camp alongside five other teens with "issues." But that's exactly where they are when three masked men burst in to take the group hostage.

The building has no windows. The exits are sealed shut. Their phones are gone. And their captors are on a killing spree.
   
Riley and Max know that if they can't get out, they'll be next--but they're about to discover that even escape doesn't equal freedom.

5 comments:

  1. I love Armstrong and that is a fabulous cover.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! I still need to read this one too!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a thrilling and scary story! The Teaser made me want to know more.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had this book on my TBR for quite sometime! It sounds like quite an exciting read. I hope that you are enjoying this one! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!