Friday, September 30, 2016

Friday Memes: Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
There was a corpse in my neighbor's front yard.
Friday 56:
"I'm the asshole?" It was Kaz's turn to be incredulous, his impossibly long, black eyelashes fluttering dramatically.
This week I am reading Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig. I got this ARC from Macmillan in exchange for an honest review. Here is the description from Amazon:
Flynn's girlfriend, January, is missing. The cops are asking question he can't answer, and her friends are telling stories that don't add up. All eyes are on Flynn―as January's boyfriend, he must know something.

But Flynn has a secret of his own. And as he struggles to uncover the truth about January's disappearance, he must also face the truth about himself.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I want to read this! Thanks for highlighting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I'm sold. Sounds funny and creepy all at once. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The BB is enough to make me want to keep reading! I'd love for your readers to check out mine! http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsBlogSEM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, sounds like a real thriller. Lots of secrets to uncover and maybe an unreliable narrator. Love it! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty good opening line but it's the 56 that really gets my attention. I'll have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely want to read this! Great choice. Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sound of that - I'll have to add it to my tbr! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!