Thursday, September 1, 2016

State of the Stack (September 1, 2016)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet I list them in publication order and sort them by month. I can quickly see how many books I have for each date. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books. Check my spreadsheet to find out where I got each book.

I also do this post because sometimes (frequently) review books sit on my stack for a while before I read and review them. I try to read and review books within two weeks of publication date. Sometimes I can't, though, if too many books are releasing on the same date or if the book arrives too near its publication date and my calendar is already full.

I am very grateful to the authors and publishers who support my reading habit.

My Review Pile

October
The Emerald Tablet (Five Elements) by Dan Jolley (Oct. 18)
IQ by Joe Ide (Oct. 18)
 The Rains by Gregg Hurwitz (Oct. 18)
A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas (Oct. 18)
 Ryan Quinn and the Rebel's Escape by Ron McGee (Oct. 25)
The Stranger Game by Cylin Busby (Oct. 25)
Cast in Flight by Michelle Sagara (Oct. 25)
Only You by Denise Grover Swank (Oct. 25)


November
 Living Spectres by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (Nov. 1)
Once a Gypsy by Danica Winters (Nov. 1)
Flashfall by Jenny Moyer (Nov. 15)
Gap Life by John Coy (Nov. 22)
Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst (Nov. 22)


December
Time of Death by Lucy Kerr (Dec. 13)
At What Cost by James L'Etoile (Dec. 13)

February
The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro (Feb. 14)
Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas (Feb. 21)

March
The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco (March 1)

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. Project Elfhome by Wen Spencer (Sept. 10)
  2. The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst (Sept. 15)
  3. The Initiation by Ridley Pearson (Sept. 15)
  4. Stalking Ground by Margaret Mizushima (Sept. 17)
  5. A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess (Sept. 23)
  6. Stalking Ground by Margaret Mizushima (Sept. 17)
  7. Body on the Bayou by Ellen Byron (Sept. 23)
  8. Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson (Sept. 28)
  9. The Littlest Bigfoot by Jennifer Weiner (Sept. 8)
  10. In Safe Hands by Katie Ruggle (Sept. 29)
  11. The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia (Sept. 29)
  12. All the Little Liars by Charlaine Harris (Oct. 1)
  13. Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig (Oct. 1)
  14. The Row by J. R. Johansson (Oct. 6) 
  15. Otherworld Chills by Kelley Armstrong (Oct.6)
Read Previously, Reviews Posted This Month
  1. The Widower's Wife by Cate Holahan
  2. These Honored Dead by Jonathan Putnam
  3. Vicarious by Paula Stokes
  4. Thrill Kill by Brian Thiem
  5. Poisoned Blade by Kate Elliott
  6. The Damascus Threat by Matt Rees
  7. Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich and Phoef Sutton
  8. The Crepes of Wrath by Sarah Fox
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date published is listed in parentheses.
  1. The Rains by Gregg Hurwitz (Oct. 18)
  2. Stalking Ground by Margaret Mizushima (Sept. 13)
  3. Body on the Bayou by Ellen Byron (Sept. 13)
  4. A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess (Oct. 4)
  5. Otherworld Chills by Kelley Armstrong (Oct. 4)
  6. Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson (Sept. 27)
  7. Time of Death by Lucy Kerr (Dec. 13)
  8. At What Cost by James L'Etoile (Dec. 13)
  9. Otherworld Chills by Kelley Armstrong (Oct. 4)
  10. The Littlest Bigfoot by Jennifer Weiner (Sept. 13)
  11. A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas (Oct. 18) 
  12. Only You by Denise Grover Swank (Oct. 25)
Next Month's Plan

I managed to build quite a cushion into my review stack during the summer. Now that I am back to school, I am sure that my reading pace with be slowing down considerably. I am still waiting for the review books I requested from Macmillan which will pad my stack some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!