Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Book Review: Afterglow by Karsten Knight

Afterglow
Author: Karsten Knight
Series: Wildefire (Book 3)
Publication: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (November 12, 2013)

Description: 1. Every flame begins with a spark
2. Every flame casts a shadow
3. Every flame can be extinguished


In this thrilling conclusion to the Wildefire saga, Ashline must prepare for a final cataclysm between the gods and snuff out a malevolent trickster once and for all--even if it means her own destruction.

But she'll go down in flames before she goes up in smoke.

My Thoughts: This book concludes the Wildefire trilogy with a happy-ish ending. Ashline has to find a way to defeat Colt's evil plans which isn't easy since he is a god who is almost invincible. He heals almost immediately from any injury and he has had many lifetimes to come up with his evil plans.

Ashline watches friend die and still struggles to save those she loves. She fights for the life she wants to live rather than the live the life Colt has planned for her. She gather allies including her estranged sister Eve. The final battle requires a major sacrifice.

I really liked the solution Ash comes up with to protect the next reincarnations of the gods. I thought it was quite creative. This was an enjoyable trilogy. I liked that the kids were current incarnations of gods from a wide variety of mythologies.

Fans of fantasy with a modern setting will enjoy this trilogy.

Favorite Quote:
So the crowd had just stood their gawking when a lightning bolt nearly fried them all, but they fled for their lives as soon as it rained. Common sense at its best.
I bought this one. You can buy your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!