Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday Memes: Friday Barnes Under Suspicion by R. A. Spratt

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Friday Barnes and her roommate, Melanie Petty, were sitting in the dining hall at Highcrest Academy, enjoying second helpings of chocolate cake.
Friday 56:
"Friday," said Friday.

"I think it's Tuesday," said the boy, confused.

"No, my name is Friday," explained Friday.
This week I am reading Friday Barnes Under Suspicion by R. A. Spratt and illustrated by Phil Gosier. Here is the description from Amazon:
Friday Barnes, girl detective, is... under arrest?!

Getting arrested was the last thing Friday expected after solving the swamp-yeti mystery at her boarding school. But she better clear her name fast! She’s got new cases to investigate, like a scandalous quiche bake-off, a decades old mystery buried in her school’s backyard, and why the new boy, Christopher, is being so nice to her.

More adventures and intrigue ensue in Friday Barnes, Under Suspicion, the second book in the illustrated Friday Barnes mystery series, starring a genius detective with the brains (and social skills) of Sherlock Holmes.


9 comments:

  1. This looks super cute. It looks perfect for my niece. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little fight the friends are having on page 56. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun story -- for kids and for adults.
    My Friday post features The Songbird’s Call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks super cute! Will have to read it with my Niece! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have check into this one. It might be a great addition to our local library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a fun book; and what a perfect title for Friday 56 link.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!