Monday, October 10, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Oct. 10, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

This was mid-quarter week and Homecoming Week at school. The Elementary remained a relatively quiet oasis though. Our only disturbance was a fire drill on one of the nice, non-rainy days.

Thursday evening a friend and I drove up to the Twin Cities for the Fierce Reads Tour stop. I got to meet Caleb Roehrig, Emma Mills, Kami Garcia, and Marissa Meyer. I had read the the ARCs for the books by Roehrig and Garcia. So I bought finished copies to donate to my MS/HS Media Center. I bought Emma Mills book and will read it before I donate it. I had my copy of Cinder autographed. I also got all their signatures in my "authors I have met" book. It was a nice event but the pouring rain made the drive back home much more stressful than I like.

Read Last Week

Nothing.

Currently
I am about half finished with Truthwitch by Susan Dennard.

Next Week
I have a couple from my review stack:
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
From the Fierce Reads Tour:
For Review from Edelweiss:
  • Beheld by Alex Flinn (Jan. 10)
You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

5 comments:

  1. Great choice in Truthwitch. That one is on my TBR. The Lovely Reckless and This Adventure Ends are as well. I'm really enjoying Ms. Bixby right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice in Truthwitch. That one is on my TBR. The Lovely Reckless and This Adventure Ends are as well. I'm really enjoying Ms. Bixby right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! I STILL need to read Truthwitch! Somehow slipped past me almost a year ago now! Eck! Hope you're enjoying it!!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine totally loved Friday Barnes, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you nominated for the Cybils award? Only two days left! http://www.cybils.com/2016/10/and-go-cybils-nominations-are-open.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!