Monday, October 3, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Oct. 3, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

I made a quick trip up to Duluth after work on Tuesday to attend the Celtic Thunder concert. It was excellent and well worth the drive. I came back home on Wednesday. While it was fun, it really cut into my reading time this week. It also doesn't help that the book I am currently reading has over 700 pages. 

When I got back, I had to catch up the The Voice episode I missed. This is also the last week of my Braves' Baseball season. I'm busy watching the last games of the year. My television viewing will be primarily The Voice from now until Spring. I haven't watched anything but that and things on the Food Network or HGTV in recent memory.

I did watch the Presidential Debates on Monday evening. Well, sort of... I would frequently turn off the sound and check to see what Twitter was excited about. I've already made up my mind about who I would prefer as President and nothing I heard or saw changed my mind. I really can't wait until this endless election season is finally over.

Read Last Week

Nothing

Currently

Nothing

Next Week
These are the same as last week. Hopefully, I will find time to read them this week.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Most of the books I added this week were review books from HarperCollins that I found at Edelweiss.
The Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo was the only book I bought this week. I am eager to read this book that follows Six of Crows.

Review Books:
You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

3 comments:

  1. Well done on getting Hunted. It looks so good! I hope you have a good reading week this week - I still need to read Truthwitch also! Oh well. My TBR is out of control. As usual.

    Di @ Book Reviews by Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't watch the debate...as a powerless northern bystander it's all just a bit too stressful, and I can't wait for it all to be over, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the worldbuilding in Truthwitch and avidly looking forward to the next book in the series. I am heartbroken that I still haven't received my review copy of Crooked Kingdom, I hope it will be soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!