Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Altered by Jennifer Rush

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
Sam saw me coming, and tossed the gun to Cas, who snatched it easily from the air. I threw a punch, connecting first with Sam's jaw, then his shoulder, before he grabbed me by the wrists and swung me around.
This week my teaser comes from Altered by Jennifer Rush. I bought this one January 12, 2013. Here is the description from Amazon:
They were made to forget. But they'll never forgive.

Everything about Anna's life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch, at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There's Nick, solemn and brooding; Cas, light-hearted and playful; Trev, smart and caring; and Sam . . . who's stolen Anna's heart.

When the Branch decides it's time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape. Anna's father pushes her to go with them, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs.

On the run, with her father's warning in her head, Anna begins to doubt everything she thought she knew about herself. She soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they're both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds a bit creepy and that cover is amazing. I need to check it out:)

    My TT from Extinct

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh awesome fight scene you have going here! Wonder how it turns out!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!