Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: The Row by J. R. Johannson

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"I don't remember ever saying mastermind." I growl in mock confusion.
This week I am reading The Row by J. R. Johansson. Here is the description from Amazon:
A death sentence. A family torn apart. One girl's hunt for the truth.

Seventeen-year-old Riley Beckett is no stranger to prison. Her father is a convicted serial killer on death row who has always maintained that he was falsely accused. Riley has never missed a single visit with her father. She wholeheartedly believes that he is innocent.

Then, a month before the execution date, Riley's world is rocked when, in an attempt to help her move on, her father secretly confesses to her that he actually did carry out the murders. He takes it back almost immediately, but she cannot forget what he's told her. Determined to uncover the truth for her own sake, she discovers something that will forever change everything she's believed about the family she loves.


4 comments:

  1. Oh boy. Now I need to know id he confessed to her honestly or just said it to help her through his execution. Is he really guilty or innocent? Sounds like a good one.

    My TT from Putting On The Witch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I don't read a lot of YA, but this one grabbed me.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “COME AND FIND ME”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh interesting! This is a totally new to me one and that cover is positively eyecatching in its own right!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds like it is full of plot twists! I am curious if she will find out her father really was telling the truth. I hope that you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!