Friday, November 4, 2016

Friday Memes: Undertow by Michael Buckley

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
You can hear them coming from blocks away, a low thrum like the plucking of a bass string.
Friday 56:
When her search is complete, she leans against the wall nearest the door, adjusts her rifle strap so that the gun hangs where her hands can reach it, and then watches us.
This week I am reading Undertow by Michael Buckley. I have had it on my Kindle since Jan. 1, 2016. Here is the description from Amazon:
First, we feared them. Then we fought them. Now they might be our only hope.

Sixteen-year-old Lyric Walker’s life is forever changed when she witnesses the arrival of 30,000 Alpha, a five-nation race of ocean-dwelling warriors, on her beach in Coney Island. The world’s initial wonder and awe over the Alpha quickly turns ugly and paranoid and violent, and Lyric’s small town transforms into a military zone with humans on one side and Alpha on the other. When Lyric is recruited to help the crown prince, a boy named Fathom, assimilate, she begins to fall for him. But their love is a dangerous one, and there are forces on both sides working to keep them apart. Only, what if the Alpha are not actually the enemy? What if they are in fact humanity’s best chance for survival? Because the real enemy is coming. And it’s more terrifying than anything the world has ever seen.

Action, suspense, and romance whirlpool dangerously in this cinematic saga!

10 comments:

  1. I have this one too. I keep getting distracted by new books and don't get to it. Going to add it to one of my challenges so I finally start it.

    My Friday 56 from Deadly Silence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about the book appeals to me. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the cover of this book floating around in the past but never really looked into what the book was about--it sounds interesting, though! I'll keep it in mind next time I want to read something with this sort of plot! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    Here's my Friday 56, if you're interested! No worries if you're not, though! Either way, happy book-ing to you in the future, and happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this one. Enjoy your current read! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great. Enjoy. My Friday read is After You by Jojo Moyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seems like an exciting read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems like an exciting read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one I have on my wishlist. I hope it's a good one! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!