Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday Memes: The Whizbang Machine by Danielle A. Vann

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Everything changed the sweltering summer of 2007. Literally everything.
Friday 56:
I was fighting to bring myself back to reality, to the safety and comfort of my own bed where I knew my body was resting. I began to scream, but no sound came.
This week I am reading The Whizbang Machine by Danielle A. Vann. I got this for review from the author. Here is the description from Amazon:
After years of running from his tragic past, Jack Yale books a flight home. With him is a typewriter that is intended to be a gift for his granddaughter, Elizabeth.The minute Elizabeth's fingers cradle the large black and cream keys the machine responses: popping, sizzling, and roaring to life with a Whiz-Whiz-BANG!

Elizabeth quickly discovers the typewriter has powers beyond anything she hasever seen. The more she types, the more the machine spells out guarded secrets. Each secret leads them deeper into a haunted past. Each secret must be revealed in order to set history straight and remove a curse that has been on their family for centuries. 

7 comments:

  1. The synopsis sounds great. Thanks for mentioning this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with the cover of this book. It is going on my TBR for that and the 56 alone. I mean, is the character (Elizabeth, I assume) having an out of body experience? So many questions. Thanks for posting this one. Here's my Friday 56 and Book Beginnings if you're interested. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so intrigued!!!!!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is super intriguing and gives off a subtle steampunk vibe; the blurb is attention-grabbing! I might just be looking this book up on goodreads; thank you SO much for sharing with us!

    Here is my Friday 56, if you're interested in checking it out. No pressure or worries if you're not, though! Happy book-ing to you in the near future, and happy Friday. Keep rockin'! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things change for me every sweltering summer! Hate the heat! ;-) I'd love for you and your readers to check out my 56 & BB ... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsACITS

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover of this book is intruiging! Here is my 56: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/friday-569548264

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!