Monday, November 21, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Nov. 21, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

This was a mostly quiet week despite a few meetings. We are just on the edge of a major snowstorm but only expect a little rain and/or a dusting of snow. Right now the winds are really howling and the temperature has plunged. I'm glad I have no plans to leave the house the rest of the weekend. 

We have a short school week coming up. We only work Monday and Tuesday and then break for Thanksgiving. I plan to leave for Duluth around noon time on Tuesday even though the forecast has changed and Duluth is expecting 1 - 3 inches of snow Tuesday afternoon. We're expecting rain at this end of the trip. It should be an interesting drive! At least I'll be doing it in daylight hours.

I'm packing a few book and hope to have some reading time. My brother will be working a lot of the days I'm home. Strangely for someone working in retail, he has Black Friday off but works every other day of my break. I'll be continuing to clear items out of the old house and transporting them to the new. Hopefully, we'll soon have everything we want to keep out of the house and can turn it over to the estate sellers.

Read Last Week

Nothing.

Currently
I'm slowly working my way through Forest of Ruin by Kelley Armstrong. It has been quite a while since I read the first two books in this trilogy and I'm struggling keeping people and relationships straight.

Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Nothing caught my eye this week.

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! He had Black Friday off? That's impressive! I'm bummed that I am stuck working that day. Not in retail myself, but just have to go into the office. Hopefully I can leave early, but it won't be near as early as I would like.

    Ooh nice reads for the week! Some new to me ones but I love Kelley Armstrong! Hope you enjoy Forest of Ruin!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip! Hope all goes well and that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving break.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!