Monday, November 7, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Nov. 7, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

So, the first quarter of our school year is over. I'm writing this Saturday morning and know I'll be spending a good part of the weekend working on grades and report cards for my students. I have also decided what is going to appear on my blogs from now until Dec. 31 and have set up the posts. All the Teaser Tuesdays and Friday Memes posts are finished and scheduled. Of course, I still have a bunch of books to read but, at least, I know what they are.

I have a number of review books scheduled for Inside of a Dog but only have one review book on the December list for Ms. Martin Teaches Media. It was fun to look through my YA TBR stack to see what caught my eye. I picked a number of books that were first in a series. The rest of the series is on TBR mountain. If I don't like the first book, it will be easy to donate the rest and make some room on my TBR shelves. Alternately, if I like the first, I'll schedule the rest into my 2017 calendar.

Our weather has been unseasonably warm so far in November. We are expecting to get near 70 today which is about 20 degrees warmer than usual. I should take advantage of the nice weather and go for what might be my last outdoor walk of 2016. It would probably be good to have an excuse to get up from my computer for a break later.

Read Last Week
Gap Life by John Coy was a great contemporary story about a young man who doesn't want to follow his father's plans for his life but doesn't know what he wants to do instead. This is the story of the summer after he graduates from high school. My review will be posted on Nov. 17.

Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst was a very nice fantasy that starts a series. I loved the world building and the characters were nicely developed. I loved the romance. The story was also filled with all sorts of tension. My review will be posted on Nov. 19.

Currently
Next on my review stack is The Girl in the Picture by Alexandra Monir.

Next Week
I dug into TBR mountain and unearthed these two for next week. Both are third books in series.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Nothing. My several new books this week were all for my Adult stack.

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read.

5 comments:

  1. This year is just flying by! Glad you are enjoying warmer weather where you are. We've had some nice days too.

    You are so organized with your blog! I'm lucky if I have a few reviews scheduled ahead of time. Most of the time I am maybe one day ahead of when I need to post things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy week between teen and adult books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always so impressed by how organized you are with your reading life. I'm a fly by the seat of my pants reader. When books have to go back to the library they might climb to the top of the pile, but other than that, it tends to be whatever I have that strikes my fancy. This is especially true now that I am retired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only imagine being that organized...I'm planning a vacation this winter, so I should be trying to schedule more blog posts so I don't just disappear for a few weeks, but I consider myself on the ball when I can get a post written the night before....I'm going to blame it all on my Netflix addiction! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's really organized! I usually just write up the week's posts on Friday. I do more if I know I'll be out of town or busy, but that's really organized! I bow down to you! ;)

    Nice reads too! Mostly new to me ones. Hope you enjoy this week's reads!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!