Tuesday, November 1, 2016

State of the Stack (Nov. 1, 2016)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet I list them in publication order and sort them by month. I can quickly see how many books I have for each date. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books. Check my spreadsheet to find out where I got each book.

I also do this post because sometimes (frequently) review books sit on my stack for a while before I read and review them. I try to read and review books within two weeks of publication date. Sometimes I can't, though, if too many books are releasing on the same date or if the book arrives too near its publication date and my calendar is already full.

I am very grateful to the authors and publishers who support my reading habit.

My Review Pile

Post Date
Arena by Holly Jennings (April 5, 2016)
The Elizabeth Papers by Jenetta James (June 14, 2016)
Coffin Road by Peter May (Oct. 4, 2016)

November
Belle Chasse by Suzanne Johnson (Nov. 8)
The Girl in the Picture by Alexandra Monir (Oct. 15)
Cat Got Your Diamonds by Julie Chase (Nov. 15)
Gap Life by John Coy (Nov. 22)
Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst (Nov. 22)
Lone Wolf by Sara Driscoll (Nov. 29)

December
Time of Death by Lucy Kerr (Dec. 13)
At What Cost by James L'Etoile (Dec. 13)
Forgotten City by Carrie Smith (Dec. 13)
The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee (Dec. 27)

January
The Golden Gate by Robert Buettner (Jan. 3)
You Don't Know My Name by Kristen Orlando (Jan. 10)
Beheld by Alex Flinn (Jan. 10)
The Ripper's Shadow by Laura Joh Rowland (Jan. 10)
By Your Side by Kasie West (Jan. 31)

February
The Cruelty by Scott Bergstrom (Feb. 7)
Rise of Fire by Sophie Jordan (Feb. 7)
The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro (Feb. 14)
A Season of Daring Greatly by Ellen Emerson White (Feb. 14)
The Wish Granter by C. J. Redwine (Feb. 14)
Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas (Feb. 21)
I See You by Clare Mackintosh (Feb. 21)
Freedom's Slave by Heather Demetrios (Feb. 28)

March
The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco (March 7)
Freya by Matthew Laurence (March 14)
Hunted by Meagan Spooner (March 14)
The Hidden Memory of Objects by Danielle Mages Amato (March 21)
A Twist of the Knife by Becky Masterman (March 21)
100 Hours by Rachel Vincent (March 28)

April
Shadowcaster by Cinda Williams Chima (April 4)
Duels & Deception by Cindy Anstery (April 11)
Spindle Fire by Lexa Hillyer (April 11)


I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. Shadow of Victory by David Weber (Nov. 9)
  2. Venom and Vanilla by Shannon Mayer
  3. When All the Girls Have Gone by Jayne Ann Krentz (Nov. 24)
  4. Explosive Forces by D. D. Ayres (Nov. 2)
  5. Living Spectres by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (Nov. 3)
  6. Congress of Secrets by Stephanie Burgis
  7. When She's Gone by Jane Palmer (Nov. 4)
  8. Flashfall by Jenny Moyer (Nov. 10)
  9. The Whizbang Machine by Danielle A. Vann (Nov. 12)
Read Previously, Reviews Posted This Month
  1. Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig
  2. All the Little Liars by Charlaine Harris
  3. Follow Me by Tiffany Snow
  4. The Row by J. R. Johansson
  5. Otherworld Chills by Kelley Armstrong
  6. Death Among Rubies by R. J. Koreto
  7. Something Buried, Something Blue by Wendy Corsi Staub
  8. The Emerald Tablet by Dan Jolley
  9. IQ by Joe Ide
  10. The Rains by Gregg Hurwitz
  11. Death of a Toy Soldier by Barbara Early
  12. Venom & Vanilla by Shannon Mayer
  13. Ryan Quinn and the Rebel's Escape by Ron McGee
  14. A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas
  15. The Stranger Game by Cylin Busby
  16. Cast in Flight by Michelle Sagara
  17. Only You by Denise Grover Swank
  18. Once a Gypsy by Danica Winters
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date published is listed in parentheses.
  1. By Your Side by Kasie West (Jan. 31)
  2. The Hidden Memory of Objects by Danielle Mages Amato (March 21)
  3. Spindle Fire by Lexa Hillyer (April 11)
  4. Hunted by Meagan Spooner (March 14)
  5. 100 Hours by Rachel Vincent (March 28)
  6. Miss Ellicott's School for the Magically Minded by Sage Blackwood (March 21)
  7. Shadowcaster by Cinda Williams Chima (April 4)
  8. Rise of Fire by Sophie Jordan (Feb. 7)
  9. The Wish Granter by C. J. Redwine (Feb. 14)
  10. The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee (Dec. 27)
  11. Venom & Vanilla by Shannon Mayer (Nov. 1)
  12. Beheld by Alex Flinn (Jan. 10)
  13. When She's Gone by Jane Palmer (Nov. 8)
  14. Forgotten City by Carrie Smith (Dec. 13)
  15. Cat Got Your Diamonds by Julie Chase (Nov. 15)
  16. The Ripper's Shadow by Laura Joh Rowland (Jan. 10)
  17. Lone Wolf by Sara Driscoll (Nov. 29)
  18. Congress of Secrets by Stephanie Burgis (Nov. 1)
  19. Arena by Holly Jennings (April 5, 2016)
  20. A Twist of the Knife by Becky Masterman (March 21, 2017)
  21. I See You by Clare Mackintosh (Feb. 21, 2017)
  22. The Golden Gate by Robert Buettner (Jan. 3, 2017)
  23. Belle Chasse by Suzanne Johnson (Nov. 8)
Next Month's Plan

I am getting further behind than I would prefer. The cushion I built over the summer has evaporated and I feel pressure to get books read before their review date. School beginning, moving house, and an influx of books to review with short timelines before publication have made it so that I am reading books just ten days before I need to post reviews.

I am hoping to catch up this month since I don't have quite as many review books on the calendar for December.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!