Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Chasing Impossible by Katie McGarry

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
I don't blink. I don't move. Don't smile. I would love to like Houston, but I can't afford that luxury.

"Three years," he says. "You've been selling to me for three years and I don't know shit about you."
This week I am reading Chasing Impossible by Katie McGarry. She is one of my favorite authors of YA contemporaries. Here is the description from Amazon:
Tough and independent, seventeen-year-old Abby lets very few people into her inner circle. It's common knowledge in her Kentucky town that she deals drugs, but not even her closest friends know why. But when a deal goes south and Abby's suddenly in danger, she finds herself reluctantly forced to lean on daredevil Logan—a boy whose restless spirit matches her own.

Logan has his own reasons for wanting to keep Abby at arm's length. But he never expected to find in her the one person who might help him face the demons he's tried so hard to run from.

Together, Abby and Logan will have to make a decision: let their current circumstances weigh them down forever…or fight for the future they both thought was impossible.

6 comments:

  1. This one sounds intriguing - I'm very much hoping there is a REALLY strong reason for her to sell drugs - they leave a trail of human wreckage in their wake... But the writing seems strong. My TT this week is an amazing fantasy read -
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/11/01/teaser-tuesday-1st-november-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an intriguing one. She's a questionable character as is he. I wonder if they can find redemption together.

    My TT from Something Deadly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read a lot of YA, but this one sounds like the kind I enjoy. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “HOT MILK”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed this author's books and will keep my eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting. This is new to me, so thanks for putting it on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to read a book by Katie McGarry! I often think that these contemporaries are ones that I would really enjoy. I will have to add this one to my TBR as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!