Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
Los Angeles. The first time I was here, a Yankee usurper, a bumbling almost-there, I snapped a photo of a Hollywood Boulevard street sign and sent it to my mother with a text: guess what i'm famous.

Now I actually was famous, though I didn't text my mother anymore.
This week I am reading Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater. I recently read the final book of the Wolves of Mercy Falls and wanted to know what happened to Cole. Here is the description from Amazon:
Sinner follows Cole St. Clair, a pivotal character from the #1 New York Times bestselling Shiver Series.

found.

Cole St. Clair has come to California for one reason: to get Isabel Culpeper back. She fled from his damaged, drained life, and damaged and drained it even more. He doesn't just want her. He needs her.

lost.

Isabel is trying to build herself a life in Los Angeles. It's not really working. She can play the game as well as all the other fakes. But what's the point? What is there to win?

sinner.

Cole and Isabel share a past that never seemed to have a future. They have the power to love each other and the power to tear each other apart. The only thing for certain is that they cannot let go.

14 comments:

  1. Maggie Stiefvater is one of the best authors out there, if you ask me. I hope you're enjoying this book.

    My Teaser Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's all good. The excerpt. The Blurb.The cover. I really need to get reading her books.

    My TT from Christmas Magic 1959

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute teaser.

    Mine this week is from Rick Riordan’s The Blood of Olympus: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-14i

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing Maggie...Must be some good reading.
    sherry @ My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. First I've heard of her — sounds interesting. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Maggie Stiefvater -- can't believe I haven't read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have wanted to read a Maggie Stiefvater novel for quite some time! This one sounds really incredible. I hope that you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh nice! I liked this one! This is still my favorite series of hers!!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting teaser! Here is my TT: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/teaser-tuesday1363034

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep. As I thought - this author MUST be one of my priorities for 2017. Many thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser! I'm definitely intrigued. Maggie Stiefvater is one of those authors I've been meaning to check out for ages, really must get to that! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my Teaser at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a good one. I've never read any books by this author, but I think I'd enjoy them.
    My Tuesday post features MIAMI MORNING.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember reading the first 3 books and really enjoying them. Still haven't picked this one up yet. Hope you enjoy.

    Feel free to pop over and check out my Teaser Tuesday

    Shubba @ Wee Shubba's World

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's sad. I wonder why she stopped texting her mother...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!