Thursday, December 1, 2016

Book Review: Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater

Sinner
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publication: Scholastic Press (July 1, 2014)

Description: Sinner follows Cole St. Clair, a pivotal character from the #1 New York Times bestselling Shiver Series.

found.

Cole St. Clair has come to California for one reason: to get Isabel Culpeper back. She fled from his damaged, drained life, and damaged and drained it even more. He doesn't just want her. He needs her.

lost.

Isabel is trying to build herself a life in Los Angeles. It's not really working. She can play the game as well as all the other fakes. But what's the point? What is there to win?

sinner.

Cole and Isabel share a past that never seemed to have a future. They have the power to love each other and the power to tear each other apart. The only thing for certain is that they cannot let go.

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this story because, after first meeting Cole and Isabel in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, I wanted to know more about them.

This was a wonderful story about two damaged people who have both the power to hurt and to save each other.

Cole is a famous rock star turned werewolf who spent a whole lot of time being very self-destructive. He is clean now and determined to stay that way. He has also found a way to live with his wolf and control the changes - mostly.

Isabel lost her brother when he tried to become a werewolf. She is the child of parents who are fighting and galloping toward divorce. She has tried to make herself unfeeling because feelings have hurt her so badly.

In this story, Isabel is the one in control. Cole needs her and is strong enough to say so. Isabel is so afraid of being hurt and starting something that will break her heart that she hurts Cole again and again as this story progresses.

I admired Cole's ability to try and try again to get the life he wants. I liked that he knew how to play the celebrity game but didn't let it become his whole life. 

I loved that the book was told from both Isabel and Cole's points of view in alternate chapters.

Favorite Quote:
I don't really like team sports unless I've invented both the team and the sport.
I bought this one. You can buy your copy here.

2 comments:

  1. Great review. I read the Wolves of Mercy Falls series but I haven't read Sinner yet. I was also a Cole and Isabella fan and I'm hopeful that I will get to this one soon! They were a great side-pair.
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't the biggest fan of the first two books in the series when I read them and I still have to read Forever and I do want to read Sinner because I want to see how Cole and Isabel turn out.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!