Friday, December 9, 2016

Friday Memes: Boys That Bite by Mari Mancusi

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
You know, being bitten by a vampire one week before prom really sucks. On soooo many levels.
Friday 56:
"Um, I wanted to uh, ask you if..." He clears his throat again. "If you have a date for the prom, and if you don't do you want to go with me?" he blurts out in one big run-on sentence.
This week I grabbed Boys That Bite by Mari Mancusi from my TBR mountain. I set a goal to begin series that have been languishing on the mountain. This series has been sitting since 2010. Here is the description from Amazon:
Two sisters--as different as the sun and the rain. For one, getting into the Blood Coven is to die for. But for the other, getting out could be lethal...When Sunny McDonald gets dragged to Club Fang by her twin sister Rayne, she doesn't expect to find anything besides a bunch of Goth kids playing at being vampires. But when some guy mistakes Sunny for her dark-side-loving sister and bites her on the neck, she finds out that his fangs are real--and deadly.

Now, Sunny has less than a week to figure out how to reverse the bite, or else she's going to end up as the perpetually undead. And not only will she be a vampire, she'll also be bonded to Magnus--the bloodsucker who bit her--forever. And forever is a really long time...

4 comments:

  1. I weeded this series last spring because it was in such poor condition, and the vampire trend has passed. It was quite good, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Sounds like a fun read! I added you to the Linky! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an interesting book. Thanks for mentioning it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it could be interesting! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!