Monday, December 19, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Dec. 19, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

After a week of bone-chilling cold, it warmed up enough to snow. Forecast was dire enough that our Superintendent decided to close school at noon on Friday. This is Saturday morning and I don't think we got what we were expecting. It looks to me like we got about 5 inches of snow. The winds are still supposed to pick up later today and blow the snow around. Right now it looks nice at my house with everything covered with a white fluffy layer.

We have four days of school next week before we begin our short winter vacation. The weather forecast looks like it will be good for my travel plans. Thursday is supposed to be 23 degrees and partly cloudy at both ends of my trip. I am looking forward to seeing my brother and spending some time in my new home in Duluth.

Read Last Week
I read two different fantasies this past week.

Beheld by Alex Flinn is from my review stack. This one retells four different fairy tales as it travels in time from the Witch Hunts in Salem in the 1630s to the present. I enjoyed this book which was the first of the author's I've read. My review for this Jan. 10 release will be posted on Jan. 12.

Blood Passage is a contemporary fantasy which introduces us to the jinn who live among us. It is the second book in a trilogy. I've reviewed the first and have the third on my review stack. This was was exciting and action-packed. My review will be posted on Jan. 14.

Currently
I am currently reading The Cold Eye by Laura Anne Gilman which is from my review stack. It is the second book in the Devil's West series - think Little House on the Prairie or True Grit with magic, sort of.

Next Week
One from TBR mountain and one from my review stack are in the plans for next week.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

I couldn't resist these new review books from NetGalley:
I also couldn't pass up these Kindle Deals:
You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice! Quite a few new to me ones in a sense! I did read Missing not too long ago and really enjoyed that one! Still need to read The Glittering Court though! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!