Monday, December 5, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Dec. 5, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme begun by Sheila at Book Journey. Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

After last week's excitement, this was a quiet week. Nothing to report. The weather is still warmer than normal and we are still snow-free. I had lots of reading time.

Read Last Week
The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee was a fun paranormal. Mimosa is an aromateur; she can concoct elixirs that let people fall in love. When she wants a more normal life and falls in love herself, chaos ensues. This was cute. My review will be posted on Dec. 22.

Found by Harlan Coben finishes the Mickey Bolitar series. It was an entertaining mystery with a great main character. My review will be posted on Dec. 24.

Currently
I am reading Rose & Thorn by Sarah Prineas. I missed the chance to get the eARC by I still wanted to read this companion to Ash & Bramble.

Next Week
Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch will be my last 2016 review. I've read the first two books in this trilogy and want to see how everything ends.

You Don't Know My Name by Kristen Orlando and A List of Cages by Robin Roe are the first two 2017 review books on my stack.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
I added two new books to my review stack.

I asked for The Cold Eye by Laura Anne Gilman months ago at NetGalley and had given up on getting this. Then I got an email on Monday saying I had been approved. This one will be released on Jan. 10.

I also got The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May from NetGalley. I've read the first two books in this series and looking forward to this one. It will be released June 13.

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

5 comments:

  1. The Secret of a Heart Note is new to me. I still need to read Ice Like Fire before I can get to the final book in the Sara Raasch series. I really liked Snow Like Ashes but haven't gotten around to picking up the sequel yet.

    Glad you don't have any snow and that you had more reading time. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we rarely get any snow here in Vancouver, BC, and today as I sit here in my kitchen I'm watching huge fluffy flakes continue to fall down from the sky. Thankfully, I don't have to go out.
    Thank you for the heads up about The Secret of a Heart Note. It sounds like a delightful magical realism read. Perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it was a nice quiet week!! Ooh I still need to read Ash & Bramble! And eep! I need to get caught up on Sara's books too!! So behind!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked at Secret of a Heart Note but stopped when it veered into YA territory. Great for high school, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A list of Cages caught my eye - I would have to be on the lookout for that next time I visit the library.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!