Thursday, December 1, 2016

State of the Stack (Dec. 1, 2016)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet I list them in publication order and sort them by month. I can quickly see how many books I have for each date. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books. Check my spreadsheet to find out where I got each book.

I also do this post because sometimes (frequently) review books sit on my stack for a while before I read and review them. I try to read and review books within two weeks of publication date. Sometimes I can't, though, if too many books are releasing on the same date or if the book arrives too near its publication date and my calendar is already full.

I am very grateful to the authors and publishers who support my reading habit.

My Review Pile

Already Published
Legacy by Hannah Fielding (July 28, 2016)

January
The Golden Gate by Robert Buettner (Jan. 3)
You Don't Know My Name by Kristen Orlando (Jan. 10)
Beheld by Alex Flinn (Jan. 10)
The Ripper's Shadow by Laura Joh Rowland (Jan. 10)
Dead and Breakfast by Kate Kingsbury (Jan. 10)
A List of Cages by Robin Roe (Jan. 10)
The Cold Eye by Laura Anne Gilman (Jan. 10)
A Merciful Death by Kendra Elliot (Jan. 17)
Southern Gothic by Dale Wiley (Jan. 24)
By Your Side by Kasie West (Jan. 31)
Killing Jane by Stacy Green (Jan. 31)
  
February
The Cruelty by Scott Bergstrom (Feb. 7)
Rise of Fire by Sophie Jordan (Feb. 7)
A Darkness Absolute by Kelley Armstrong (Feb. 7)
Beauty and the Wiener by Casey Griffin (Feb. 7)
The Black Wolves of Boston by Wen Spencer (Feb. 7)
The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro (Feb. 14)
A Season of Daring Greatly by Ellen Emerson White (Feb. 14)
The Wish Granter by C. J. Redwine (Feb. 14)
Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas (Feb. 21)
I See You by Claire Mackintosh (Feb. 21)
Freedom's Slave by Heather Demetrios (Feb. 28)

March
The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco (March 7)
Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop (March 7)
Freya by Matthew Laurence (March 14)
Hunted by Meagan Spooner (March 14)
The Hidden Memory of Objects by Danielle Mages Amato (March 21)
 A Twist of the Knife by Becky Masterman (March 21)
The Cutaway by Christina Kovac (March 21)
100 Hours by Rachel Vincent (March 28)
April
Shadowcaster by Cinda Williams Chima (April 4)
Duels & Deception by Cindy Anstery (April 11)
Spindle Fire by Lexa Hillyer (April 11)
Gone Without a Trace by Mary Torjussen (April 11)

June
The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May (June 13)

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. Cat Got Your Diamonds by Julie Chase (Nov. 12)
  2. Belle Chasse by Suzanne Johnson (Nov. 10)
  3. Arena by Holly Jennings (Nov. 16)
  4. Gap Life by John Coy (Nov. 17) 
  5. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst (Nov. 19) 
  6. Lone Wolf by Sara Driscoll (Nov. 23)
  7. The Girl in the Picture by Alexandra Monir (Nov. 24)
  8. The Elizabeth Papers by Jenetta James (Nov. 26)
  9. A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn (Jan. 12)
  10. At What Cost by James L'Etoile (Dec. 8)
  11. Time of Death by Lucy Kerr (Dec. 10)
  12. Forgotten City by Carrie Smith (Dec. 15)
  13. Ill Met by Murder by Elizabeth J. Duncan (Dec. 17) 
  14. Coffin Road by Peter May (Dec. 22) 
  15. The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee (Dec. 22)
  16. Midnight Obsession by Melinda Leigh (Dec. 29)
Read Previously, Reviews Posted This Month
  1. Living Spectres by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
  2. When She's Gone by Jane Palmer
  3. Shadow of Victory by David Weber
  4. Flashfall by Jenny Moyer
  5. When She's Gone by Jane Palmer
  6. The Whizbang Machine by Danielle A. Vann
  7. When All the Girls Have Gone by Jayne Ann Krentz
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date published is listed in parentheses.
  1. Dead and Breakfast by Kate Kingsbury (Jan. 10)
  2. Ill Met by Murder by Elizabeth J. Duncan (Dec. 13)
  3. Midnight Obsession by Melinda Leigh (Jan. 3)
  4. A List of Cages by Robin Roe (Jan. 10) 
  5. A Darkness Absolute by Kelley Armstrong (Feb. 7)
  6. Killing Jane by Stacy Green (Jan. 31)
  7. Legacy by Hannah Fielding (July 28, 2016) 
  8. Southern Gothic by Dale Wiley (Jan. 24)
  9. Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop (March 7)
  10. A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn (Jan. 10)
  11. Beauty and the Wiener by Casey Griffin (Feb. 7)
  12. Gone Without a Trace by Mary Torjussen (April 11)
  13. The Black Wolves of Boston by Wen Spencer (Feb. 7)
  14. The Cutaway by Christina Kovac (March 21) 
  15. The Cold Eye by Laura Anne Gilman (Jan. 10)
  16. A Merciful Death by Kendra Elliot (Jan. 17)
  17. The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May (June 13)
Next Month's Plan

I am trying really hard to rebuild my cushion. I just finished my last December review book. I am still adding lots of new review books to the stack though the ratio is tipping to more adult books than YA books right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!