Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Rose & Thorn by Sarah Prineas

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"He said...," I sobbed. "Shoe s-said I shouldn't stay here, now that the boundary is broken." He'd said something about a spindle, too. A warning? I wasn't sure what a spindle was, ot what exactly I should be afraid of.
This week I am reading Rose & Thorn by Sarah Prineas. I enjoy this author's writing but missed the chance to get a review copy of this one. Here is the description from Amazon:
This beauty isn’t sleeping! Discover the true story of Sleeping Beauty in Sarah Prineas’s bold YA fairy-tale retelling filled with thrilling adventure and romance, perfect for fans of the Lunar Chronicles and the Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy.

After the spell protecting her is destroyed, Rose seeks safety in the world outside the valley she had called home. She’s been kept hidden all her life to delay the three curses she was born with—curses that will put her into her own fairy tale and a century-long slumber. Accompanied by Griff, the handsome and mysterious Watcher, and Quirk, his witty and warmhearted partner, Rose tries to escape from the ties that bind her to her story. But will the path they take lead them to freedom, or will it bring them straight into the fairy tale they are trying to avoid?

Set in the world of Sarah Prineas’s Ash & Bramble fifty years later, Rose & Thorn is a powerful retelling of the classic “Sleeping Beauty” tale where the characters fight to find their own happy ever after.

8 comments:

  1. I don't read many retellings but heard good things about this one. Lovely cover too.

    My TT from The Kill Switch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting one.

    Mine this week is from a female PI series: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-19y

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope they did a good job with this. I always enjoy seeing inside the real story. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds really good. I haven't read a lot of retellings but am keen on this one. Love the cover as well. Here's my link for this week's intro and teaser: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1pK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retold fairy tales are so much fun! This sounds like one I'd enjoy.
    My Tuesday post features Isabel Allende’s The Japanese Lover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh nice! I still need to read book 1 of this series but I am looking forward to it! Great teaser!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never read anything by this author, but the teaser has my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of this retelling - I very much enjoy reading them:). Thank you for sharing as this one has slipped past me:).

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!