Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
The Rulebook requires me to witness Ms. DiCarlo take the bait. I exit the library and spy on her through the library windows. She goes back to polishing book covers, still not touching her espresso.
This week I'm reading my only review book of December. The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee came to me via Edelweiss. Here is the description from Amazon:
From critically acclaimed author Stacey Lee, an evocative novel about a teen aroma-expert who uses her extrasensitive sense of smell to help others fall in love—while protecting her own heart at all costs—perfect for fans of Lauren Myracle and E. Lockhart.

Sometimes love is right under your nose. As one of only two aromateurs left on the planet, sixteen-year-old Mimosa knows what her future holds: a lifetime of weeding, mixing love elixirs, and matchmaking—all while remaining incurably alone. For Mim, the rules are clear: falling in love would render her nose useless, taking away her one great talent. Still, Mimosa doesn’t want to spend her life elbow-deep in soil and begonias. She dreams of a normal high school experience with friends, sports practices, debate club, and even a boyfriend. But when she accidentally gives an elixir to the wrong woman and has to rely on the lovesick woman’s son, the school soccer star, to help fix the situation, Mim quickly begins to realize that falling in love isn’t always a choice you can make.

At once hopeful, funny, and romantic, Stacey Lee’s The Secret of a Heart Note is a richly evocative coming-of-age story that gives a fresh perspective on falling in love and finding one’s place in the world.

6 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this one:). Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh. What was done to her expresso?! Sounds intriguing! I would keep reading. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun YA read. Here's my link for this week: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1oY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading more YA novels lately, and this sounds like a good one. The premise is original, and your Teaser makes me curious about The Rulebook and the bait.
    My Tuesday post features a middle grade novel: TOO BIG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oOh interesting teaser! Wonder what she did exactly!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like middle grade books ... I'll have to add this to my list.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!