Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday Memes: Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Once upon a time in a land far, far away there lived a brave king and a beautiful queen, who were so much in love that wherever they went, people stopped what they were doing just to watch them pass.
Friday 56:
"People in the real world would kill for a happily ever after, and you're willing to just throw it away?"

I look away from her. "It's hardly a happily ever after when you wind up right back at the beginning. I've never experienced 'after' at all."
This week I chose Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer. It has been languishing on my Kindle since June of 2013. Here is the description from Amazon:
What happens when happily ever after…isn’t?

Delilah is a bit of a loner who prefers spending her time in the school library with her head in a book—one book in particular. Between the Lines may be a fairy tale, but it feels real. Prince Oliver is brave, adventurous, and loving. He really speaks to Delilah.

And then one day Oliver actually speaks to her. Turns out, Oliver is more than a one-dimensional storybook prince. He’s a restless teen who feels trapped by his literary existence and hates that his entire life is predetermined. He’s sure there’s more for him out there in the real world, and Delilah might just be his key to freedom.

A romantic and charming story, this companion novel to Off the Page will make every reader believe in the fantastical power of fairy tales.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds romantic!! Happy weekend!
    I added you to the Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this one a while ago, but before I bought it, I hesitated. I'm not a fan of fantasy or MG...or YA. But...a Jodi Picoult and daughter team? My curiosity won out.

    I was pleasantly surprised.

    Thanks for sharing. Enjoy. Here's mine: “THE FUTURES”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Jodi Picoult fan, so her name on the cover is enough to make me pick up this book. It sounds like it's quite a departure for this author, and I'm curious about the story created by this mother-daughter team.
    My Friday post features The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at this in the store the other day (it had a different cover though) and it sounds pretty great. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would be a good one for a cold winter's day. And that's what I've got this weekend.

    My Friday 56 from Chasing Fireflies

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!