Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: Beheld by Alex Flinn

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser (from the 10% mark):
He looked around. "I will find you."

Then, using the door like the mortal he pretended to be, he walked back into the shop.
This week I am reading Beheld by Alex Flinn. I received this eARC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Here is the description from Amazon:
#1 New York Times bestselling YA author Alex Flinn is back with magical twists on four fairy-tale favorites, each featuring a little help from Kendra, the witch from Beastly, as she searches through cities and centuries for her lost love.

Being a powerful witch, Kendra has survived it all. Since she first beheld James over three hundred years ago, Kendra has tangled with witch hunters and wolves, helped a miller’s daughter spin straw into gold, cowered in London as German bombs fell, and lived through who knows how many shipwrecks. But her powers have limits, and immortality can be lonely. Kendra isn’t ready to stop searching for the warlock she had met centuries ago.

With the help of her magic mirror, Kendra will travel the world to reconnect with her lost love—and, of course, she can’t help but play a hand in a few more stories along the way.

Featuring retellings of favorite fairy tales such as Little Red Riding Hood, Rumpelstiltskin, East of the Sun and West of the Moon, and The Ugly Duckling, Alex Flinn’s latest young adult novel, Beheld, is fresh fairy-tale fun from beginning to end.

7 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one, Kathy. Are you enjoying it? Huge congratulations on your very impressive number of books read in 2016, btw...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like something my great-nephew would really get into. Thanks for sharing. Here's the link to my intro/teaser for this week: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1rl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh interesting! Never did read these books. Hope you enjoy the rest!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great teaser! I think I might have a copy of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would like this one! :-) Thank you for sharing! Here's my teaser for this week: Starling by Lesley Livingston

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds good, Kathy. I've not tried this author before.

    My TT from Carpe Bead'em

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds interesting! I need to reread this series to get to this book! Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!