Friday, February 17, 2017

Friday Memes: The Wish Granter by C. J. Redwine

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Once upon a time ...

Humans were pathetically predictable. Always longing for more. Always desperate to get their way. Shamelessly grasping for what remained out of reach, even when it cost them dearly.
Friday 56 (from 56% of the eARC):
Felman gave Sebastian a hard stare and said between coughs, "Your father would've killed me once he had what he wanted, not paid for my freedom. You said you were just like him."
This week I am reading The Wish Granter by C. J. Redwine. I got this eARC from Edelweiss. I enjoy fairy tale retellings. Here is the description from Amazon:
An epic, romantic, and action-packed fantasy inspired by the tale of Rumpelstiltskin, about a bastard princess who must take on an evil fae to save her brother’s soul, from C. J. Redwine, the New York Times bestselling author of The Shadow Queen. Perfect for fans of Graceling and the Lunar Chronicles.

The world has turned upside down for Thad and Ari Glavan, the bastard twins of SĂșndraille’s king. Their mother was murdered. The royal family died mysteriously. And now Thad sits on the throne of a kingdom whose streets are suddenly overrun with violence he can’t stop.

Growing up ignored by the nobility, Ari never wanted to be a proper princess. And when Thad suddenly starts training Ari to take his place, she realizes that her brother’s ascension to the throne wasn’t fate. It was the work of a Wish Granter named Alistair Teague who tricked Thad into wishing away both the safety of his people and his soul in exchange for the crown.

So Ari recruits the help of Thad’s enigmatic new weapons master, Sebastian Vaughn, to teach her how to fight Teague. With secret ties to Teague’s criminal empire, Sebastian might just hold the key to discovering Alistair’s weaknesses, saving Ari’s brother—and herself.

But Teague is ruthless and more than ready to destroy anyone who dares stand in his way—and now he has his sights set on the princess. And if Ari can’t outwit him, she’ll lose Sebastian, her brother…and her soul.

7 comments:

  1. The Wish Granter sounds great! I don't think I've read anything by C.J. Redwine, but I have heard of her. Thank for mentioning the book. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fairytale retellings. Lots of tension in that 56. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my attention!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fairytale retellings too and this one looks like an interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read this one. It comes recommended by several friends.

    My Friday 56 from The Blood Gospel

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like it could have a lot of potential. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sound of this one. And what a lovely cover!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!