It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.
Other Than Reading...
This was a wonderfully normal week. The weather didn't provide any surprises. Nor were there any surprises at school this week. My only excitement was the arrival of a big box of ARCs from Macmillan. I had asked for 9 and received 7. I do hope the other two trickle in because they also sounded excellent.
Read Last Week
The Hidden Memory of Objects by Daniele Mages Amato tells the story of a girl who learns interesting things about her older brother when he dies in an unexpected way. Megan is an artist who tries to understand the world through her collage art. My review will be posted on March 16.
Currently and Next Week
These are the same as last week. I got side-tracked by a couple of new arrivals on my adult stack.
- Shadow Run by AdriAnne Strickland and Michael Miller (March 21)
- Miss Ellicott's School for the Magically Minded by Sage Blackwood (March 21)
- 100 Hours by Rachel Vincent (March 28)
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
These I bought.
Frostblood by Elly Blake was a Kindle Deal that sounded good to me.
Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco is a print book that also sounded good to me and sounded like something my students would like.
These are new review books from Macmillan:
- The Unbreakable Code by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman is the sequel to The Book Scavenger. (April 25)
- The Traitor's Kiss by Erin Beatty is touted as "Jane Austen with an espionage twist." I couldn't resist that. (May 9)
- The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich is about spies and also has an LGBT thing happening. (May 16)
- What I Lost by Alexandra Ballard is a contemporary about eating disorders. (June 6)
- Amid Stars and Darkness by Chani Lynn Feener is a science fiction romance - two of my favorite genres. (July 18)
- Just Friends by Tiffany Pitcock is a contemporary romance. (August 1)
- In Some Other Life by Jessica Brody is a contemporary about life choices that attracted me with its cover. (August 29)