Monday, February 27, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Feb. 27, 2017)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted at The Book Date.  Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

After days of spring-like weather, winter made its return to southern Minnesota. Early in the week the forecasts had us on the edge of the coming storm. Later in the week the forecasts moved it right over the top of us. In anticipation, our Superintendent called off school for Friday in the middle of Thursday afternoon. When I went to bed Thursday night, nothing had happened yet. However, I woke up to at least nine heavy, wet inches of snow. Fortunately, our snow plow crew had us plowed out by 9 AM. They kept saying that we would have a second wave of snow starting mid-afternoon but nothing happened at my house until after 4 PM when we started having snow showers of big puffy snowflakes. The wind picked up a little then but we didn't have anything approaching a blizzard at my house.

It was nice to have a day off and to find out about it before a 6 AM phone call. But now I have to find a way to make up the 7 1/2 hours I wasn't at work. I can make up 4 from home but have to be in the building to make up the rest. I still have a couple of hours to make up from our last snow day too. I have run out of things to plan. My grading is up-to-date. I am at a loss for things to do. I may just find a book for professional reading and spend some time doing that.

I used my extra day off just to relax. I did a little bit of reading but mostly lounged on the couch playing computer games. I guess days like that are needed too.

Read Last Week
Shadow Run by AdriAnne Strickland and Michael Miller is science fiction of the space opera variety. Qole and her crew have the dangerous job of mining Shadow. Nev is sent to persuade (or kidnap) her and bring her to his home planet so that her special abilities can be studied. There is love, adventure, danger, and intrigue in this start to a series. My review will be posted on March 23.

Currently
100 Hours by Rachel Vincent is my current read. It will be released on March 28.

Next Week
Two April 4 release review books are on my list for this week.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
One Black Rose by Maddy Edwards was discovered in my daily BookBub newsletter. This paranormal romance sounded good. It was also free which is always nice.

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

2 comments:

  1. A snow day is always nice (especially if you know early and can sleep in!) but it's too bad you have to make up the hours.

    We had unseasonably warm weather but it cooled off on Saturday. It is supposed to warm up again for a few days.

    Hope you have a great week and enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh I cannot wait for 100 Hours! I just traded for it with a friend so I am eagerly awaiting its arrival! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!