Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday Memes: Hunted by Meagan Spooner

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Yeva watched the sky over the far-off forest, listening to the baronessa with one ear. The air was heavy and unfamiliar.
Friday 56 (from 56% of the eARC):
All her life she'd longed for the tiniest glimpse of this creature. She would not let it drown -- she would free it, take it for her own, feel the heat of its fiery wings on her face.
This week I'm reading Hunted by Meagan Spooner. I got this eARC from Edelweiss. Here is the description from Amazon:
Beauty knows the Beast's forest in her bones--and in her blood. 


Though Yeva grew up with the city's highest aristocrats, far from her father's old lodge, she knows that the forest holds secrets and that her father is the only hunter who's ever come close to discovering them.

So when her father loses his fortune and moves Yeva and her sisters back to the outskirts of town, Yeva is secretly relieved. Out in the wilderness, there's no pressure to make idle chatter with vapid baronessas...or to submit to marrying a wealthy gentleman. But Yeva's father's misfortune may have cost him his mind, and when he goes missing in the woods, Yeva sets her sights on one prey: the creature he'd been obsessively tracking just before his disappearance.

Deaf to her sisters' protests, Yeva hunts this strange Beast back into his own territory--a cursed valley, a ruined castle, and a world of creatures that Yeva's only heard about in fairy tales. A world that can bring her ruin or salvation. Who will survive: the Beauty, or the Beast?

10 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan for fantasy books. The cover is beautiful. I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsCCAAC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep going back and forth with this one. I see it and want it but never go grab it. I'll probably buy it because it stays in my mind.

    My Friday 56 from The Roanoke Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love retellings. Hope you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really looking forward to this! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen both negative and positive things about this one. Still really intrigued, so might check it out from the library. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a genre I read very often, but I love the cover. Sounds like a book fantasy lovers would enjoy.
    My Friday post features Blueprints.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I've seen this book around. It sure has a pretty cover. Glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is in my TBR! Can't wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That 56 pulled me right in!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!