Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday Memes: Pretty Fierce by Kieran Scott

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
"And the champion goes down."

I laid down my cards and raised my fists in the air. Yes, this was a bit juvenile, but I could count on one hand the number of times I'd beaten my mother at any game -- chess, UNO, hangman, Monopoly (we had travel versions of every game ever made) -- so I decided to give myself a pass.
Friday 56 (from 56% of the eARC):
I didn't want to think about Hector T. anymore. Or bounty hunters. Or Scarface. I didn't want to think about anything. But I couldn't stop myself. It was like I was thinking about everything at once, and none of it made sense.
This week I am reading Pretty Fierce by Kieran Scott. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
An action-packed, edge-of-your-seat novel about a teen who, when backed into a corner, fights back, from the author of What Waits in the Woods

Kaia has been on the run her whole life. The daughter of professional assassins, she knows danger-and she'll do anything to survive. After her parents vanished during a job gone bad, Kaia's spent the last year in hiding, trying to blend in as an ordinary teenager, and there's no one who makes her feel more normal, more special, than her boyfriend, Oliver.

But when she's jumped by a hit man and Oliver catches her fighting back, Kaia's secret is exposed. In a split-second decision, she flees her small town, taking Oliver with her. With hit men stalking their every move, can Kaia and Oliver protect each other long enough to uncover the mysteries of her past?


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot for a teen to handle. I imagine this will be a fast read.

    My Friday 56 from The Shack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great read!
    I added you to the Linky. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!