Monday, March 13, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 13, 2017)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted at The Book Date.  Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

This week was a cold and busy one. We had Parent-Teacher Conferences Monday and Thursday evenings and then had Friday off. I set or tied my conference record when I spoke with the parents of 5 of my students - that's 5 out of 330 possible students. No one wants to talk to their child's media teacher unless their child is failing!

I was supposed to have my taxes done on my day off but my tax preparer had a family emergency and rescheduled for Monday after school. So, instead, I met with the realtor who will be listing my house for a first consultation. She did a quick walk-through and took some notes. We'll meet for longer this coming Wednesday evening. Also on tap for this week after school is a dentist's appointment for my semi-annual cleaning.

I used my extra time this weekend to go through my bedroom drawers and closet to sort out things to donate. I brought three grocery bags of stuff to the Salvation Army on Friday afternoon and have three more that I'll be dropping off on Monday. I'm paring down the wardrobe of clothes I haven't worn for a year but still have more paring down to do. I don't think I need 25 fleece cardigans of various colors and patterns but I couldn't decided which ones I did want to keep.

We are supposed to have a snowstorm rolling in Sunday afternoon that will last into Monday. I hope I can make it into town for my tax appointment Monday afternoon. I also hope that school isn't cancelled. A cancellation Monday will likely mean that we will be working Easter Monday instead of having it off as it is on the current schedule.
Read Last Week
Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves was an excellent historical fantasy. My review will be posted on March 22.

Pretty Fierce by Kieran Scott was also excellent. This romantic thriller has very nuanced characters and non-stop action. My review will be posted on April 1.

Journey Across the Hidden Islands by Sarah Beth Durst made me three for three on excellent books. This middle grade fantasy starred twin sisters and their flying, talking lion on a journey to renew promises to the dragon who keeps their islands safe. It was filled with action and had lots of thought-provoking parts about the power of story. My review will be posted on April 5.

Currently
Duels & Deception by Cindy Anstey is next on my review stack. This one will be released on April 11.

Next Week
Two more from my review stack:
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

4 comments:

  1. My parents felt that way about all of my teachers - as long as I wasn't failing anything or getting in trouble, they never saw the point in coming to a parent-teacher conference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! I can't wait to read Blood Rose Rebellion!! Also really enjoyed Traitor to the Throne and Missing! Hope you enjoy all the reads this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you did indeed have a wonderful reading week Kathy. I recently did the big clean out of my closets. It helped that I have gained 10 pounds and I just got rid of nearly everything that doesn't fit me anymore. Now that I am not working, I probably need to go through my wardrobe and get rid of all the 'professional' attire. Happy reading this week.
    BTW, that really sucks that you might have to work Easter Sunday if snow forces school to close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many yummy-looking books here - and tales of adventure and strong female protagonists on the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!