Monday, March 20, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 20, 2017)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted at The Book Date.  Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

This week was sort of a busy one. I met with the realtor who will be listing my house to make some beginning plans. I met with a painter who is going to neutralize the colors in my house to make it more appealing to potential buyers.

A friend and I got together Friday evening to start dividing stuff into four piles - take, rummage sale, donate, or trash. We got through two closets. We'll be meeting the next few Friday evenings to continue sorting stuff. Next week -- my office!

I have to have my books packed and the bookshelves loose from the walls before the painter comes in. He and my realtor will be picking the colors since I don't care what color the walls are once I'm gone. I'm hoping to have him come and paint the beginning of May so that I have time to organize and box. I really don't want my things to sit in boxes for months either. I need to contact movers and get them set up to move my stuff around the 8th of June.

My realtor wants me to have flyers to hand out during my rummage sale May 19 - 20 in case anyone who comes might be interested in buying the place. Plans are now that no showings will happen until after May 20 to give me a chance to unclutter.
Read Last Week
Duels & Deception by Cindy Anstey was a Regency Romance. The plot was a little more complicated than many of the Regencies I've read. The characters were interesting and the mystery was a strong plot element. My review will be posted on April 6.

Currently
I've just begun Spindle Fire by Lexa Hillyer. It will be released on April 11.

Next Week
More review books:
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth was a Kindle Deal this week. I've been wanting to read it for a while.

I also got a package of middle grade ARCs from Bloomsbury this week.
The Girl with the Ghost Machine by Lauren DeStefano

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I'm curious about Spindle Fire! And I still need to read Carve the Mark myself! Hope you enjoy these as well!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an ARC of Carve the Mark - but each page is watermarked, so I don't really feel like reading it, at the moment. :) Enjoy yours, though!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!