Friday, April 28, 2017

Friday Memes: Spill Zone by Scott Westerfeld

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Whatever I go in planning to shoot, I always come out with more pictures of the playground.
Friday 56:
Almost forgot I was scared of this place before the Spill.
This week I am reading Spill Zone by Scott Westerfeld. I received this finished graphic novel for review from First Second Books. Here is the description from Amazon:
Three years ago an event destroyed the small city of Poughkeepsie, forever changing reality within its borders. Uncanny manifestations and lethal dangers now await anyone who enters the Spill Zone.

The Spill claimed Addison’s parents and scarred her little sister, Lexa, who hasn’t spoken since. Addison provides for her sister by photographing the Zone's twisted attractions on illicit midnight rides. Art collectors pay top dollar for these bizarre images, but getting close enough for the perfect shot can mean death―or worse.

When an eccentric collector makes a million-dollar offer, Addison breaks her own hard-learned rules of survival and ventures farther than she has ever dared. Within the Spill Zone, Hell awaits―and it seems to be calling Addison's name.



7 comments:

  1. I was finishing up inventory in the library yesterday and when I got to the W's and Westerfeld I had the thought that he hasn't had a new book for a while, then I see this. Very cool. I will look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year one of my goals is to pick up graphic novels. I haven't heard of this one, but I will definitely look into it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fantastic. Thanks for mentioning it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read a graphic novel, but "accidentally" received one recently. (Which just means that I was unaware that it was a graphic when I ordered it).

    Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea that this book was coming out! It sounds really amazing and I hope that you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great graphic novel! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Scott Westerfeld - I'll have to look into this! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!