Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: Missing by Kelley Armstrong

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser (from 10% in the eARC):
We're sitting on the roof edge, having moved up there when the light got low. While my roof hatch is technically a skylight, I do use it for an "escape hatch" -- escaping the dingy confines of my shack.
This week I am reading Missing by Kelley Armstrong. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
The only thing Winter Crane likes about Reeve's End is that soon she'll leave it. Like her best friend did. Like her sister did. Like most of the teens born in town have done. There's nothing for them there but abandoned mines and empty futures. They're better off taking a chance elsewhere.

What Winter will miss is the woods. Her only refuge. At least it was. Until the day she found Lennon left for dead, bleeding in a tree.

But now Lennon is gone too. And he has Winter questioning what she once thought was true. What if nobody left at all? What if they're all missing?

4 comments:

  1. I have not yet read this author...but now I'm intrigued. Love the teaser and the blurb...and the cover. And the character's name of Winter.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF SIMPLE”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing this around. Sounds chilling. I like a good thriller.

    My TT from Thirteen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice!! I read this one so long ago, I'm already forgetting about it. It's sad what reading too much will do to you! Lol! Hope you enjoy the rest!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new to this author, but have not read her YA.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!