Friday, May 19, 2017

Friday Memes: Raging Sea by Michael Buckley

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
She sits among the cactus and stones as the rising Texas sun ignites the edges of her silhouette. Her eyes are closed, her legs crossed, as if she's meditating. But the only higher plain she's trying to reach involves killing and maiming her enemies.
Friday 56:
"What is 'this' you speak of?" Arcade says.

"The way neither of you are talking to me."

"I never speak to you, Lyric Walker, because the things you say make me angry and tempt me to kill you," Arcade says as she stands. She walks off into the brush. "Do not disturb me. I am sharpening my Kala and praying."
This week I am reading Raging Sea by Michael Buckley. This one has been on my TBR mountain for a while. Here is the description from Amazon:
In the first book of Michael Buckley’s Undertow trilogy, the Alpha arrived and the world was never the same. At the start of the second book, most of south Brooklyn is in ruins and the nation is terrified. Nearly everyone that Lyric Walker loves is either missing or presumed dead, including the mesmerizing prince Fathom. It’s up to Lyric to unite the Alpha before the second wave of a cataclysmic invasion wipes out mankind for good. The Undertow trilogy is an unforgettable reading experience that author E. Lockhart calls, "Allegorical and romantic, the book nevertheless reads like an action movie with especially awesome CGI."  


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one. Hope you enjoy it.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an exciting read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book has been on my TBR forever, too! It sounds incredible and I hope that I get the chance to read it soon. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, from the description this book sounds like it has the potential to be popular. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an amazing read! Hopefully you enjoy reading it!
    Here's my Friday Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I really like Arcade from the sound of this excerpt. Not sure if I should, but I do. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been told I need to try this author - one of these days! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!