Monday, May 1, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 1, 2017)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted at The Book Date.  Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

I had a nice week. The Elementary staff threw a nice retirement luncheon for me and two other retirees on Thursday. Friday I packed a car load and headed up to my new home where I am spending the weekend. 

I am pleased to report that my brother, who has lived in the new house since October, has finally begun unpacking his boxes of CDs and albums. His area is starting to look more like a home than a storage unit.

I didn't get any more packing done but I did clean out my garage - which took almost all day Saturday and amounted to 11,500 steps on my Fitbit - and price most of the items from the garage I want to sell. I also priced the plastic storage things that my friend and I emptied from one of my kitchen corner cupboards. The rummage sale things are starting to come together but there is still a lot to do before May 19.

Read Last Week
The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes was an impulse pick from my Kindle. I really enjoyed the action and intrigue in this second book in The Fixer series. My review will be posted on May 18.

The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich was a science fiction/LGBT romance that was a much better romance than science fiction story. It is about kids who are bought or stolen and raised to be spies. My problem was the economics of the situation and the shear number of love interests who existed. If you ignore some of those things which YAs probably would, the book was entertaining and action-packed. My review will be posted on May 13.

Currently
I plan to read Raging Sea by Michael Buckley next. It is from my TBR mountain and might be switched for another TBR book if it doesn't grab me in the first few pages.

Next Week
I have three middle grade books for review from Bloomsbury on my stack for next week.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

I had an empty mailbox again this week as I don't want to buy something I'm just going to have to pack.

You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice! Seeing a lot of The Love Interest lately! Still on the fence about it myself. Hope you enjoy all the reads this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!