Monday, May 15, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 15, 2017)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted at The Book Date.  Kellee at Unleashing Readers and Jen at Teach Mentor Texts have given it a kidlit focus.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

Only thirteen more work days until I retire! My students are finishing up projects. I hope to do one more project with both sixth graders and fourth graders but, as I look at all the up-coming interruptions, it is looking unlikely that the fourth graders will get to the final project.

Getting ready for a rummage sale, packing, and doing all the things I need to do before I move is taking up most of my time after school each day. I do try to fit in some reading in the down times but there aren't very many down times.

Read Last Week
I read The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson this week. It was a science fiction dystopia set on a near future Earth. The plot was action packed but the number of characters sometimes got confusing and the main character never clicked with me. My review will be posted on June 1.

Currently
What I Lost by Alexandra Ballard is next up on my reading stack. It is a review book from Macmillan.

Next Week
I have two more review books on the stack for next week.
  • The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May is the third in the Falconer Trilogy. I got it from NetGalley 11/30/16.
  • Want by Cindy Pon is also from NetGalley. It just arrived.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
You can check Inside of a Dog (my other blog) to see what adult books I read, reviewed, and plan to read. 

1 comment:

  1. OOh nice! Those are new to me ones! Hope you enjoyed and enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!