Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: The Selection by Kiera Cass

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
Mom and I walked all the way to the local office. Sometimes we took the public buses if we were going too far or if we were working. It looked bad to show up sweaty at the house of a Two. they already looked at us funny anyway. But it was a nice day out, and the trip was just shy of being too long.
This week I am reading The Selection by Kiera Cass. This one has been on my TBR mountain for a while. Here is the description from Amazon:
The first book in the captivating, #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series! Discover a breathless fairy-tale romance with swoon-worthy characters, glittering gowns, fierce intrigue, and a dystopian world that will captivate readers who loved Veronica Roth’s Divergent, Ally Condie’s Matched, and Lauren Oliver’s Delirium.

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape a rigid caste system, live in a palace, and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon. But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her, and competing for a crown she doesn’t want.

Then America meets Prince Maxon—and realizes that the life she’s always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

4 comments:

  1. Humm -- looks like romance meets dystopian! Could be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gorgeous dress makes for a memorable cover! Although I don't often read dystopian stories, this sounds like a good one that I'd enjoy.
    My Tuesday post features Kiss the Girls and Make Them Die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Always heard good things about this one!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Selection series! I hope you're enjoying it! Thank you for sharing!

    My Teaser is from: Seeds of Eden by A.P. Watson

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!