Friday, June 16, 2017

Friday Memes: Battle Magic by Tamora Pierce

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Two boy-men sat on the river's eastern bank, where an open-fronted tent gave them shelter from the chilly spring wind.
Friday 56:
Slowly Evvy drifted to the end of the procession that followed Emperor Weishu, Rosethorn, and Briar through the series of garden they had entered shortly after dawn that morning. 
This week I dug deep into my TBR pile for Battle Magic by Tamora Pierce. Here is the description from Amazon:
On their way to the first Circle temple in Gyongxi, mages Briar, Rosethorn, and Evvy pay a visit to the emperor's summer palace. Although treated like royalty when they first arrive, the mages soon discover that the emperor plans to invade Gyongxi, posing a fatal threat to the home temple of the Living Circle religion. Accompanied by one of the emperor's prize captives, the three mages rush to Gyongxi to warn its citizens of the impending attack. With the imperials hot on their trail, Briar, Rosethorn, and Evvy must quickly help the country prepare for battle. But even with the help of new allies, will their combined forces be enough to fight the imperial army and win the war?


6 comments:

  1. I lost track of Tamora Pierce! Thanks for reminding me. I read most of her quartets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read any of Tamora Pierce's works. I enjoyed reading your excerpts :) Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and have a great weekend :)
    Jo-Ann at Inspiration Pie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have captured my attention!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great cover to showcase this book. I'd like to try this author.

    My Friday 56 from The Nutting Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read anything by this author and her books always have such high praise. This one sounds like a really interesting fantasy that I would enjoy. Thanks for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing - sounds like a captivating book. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!