Sunday, October 1, 2017

State of the Stack (October 1, 2017)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on or near the first of the month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet I list them in publication order and sort them by month. I can quickly see how many books I have for each date. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books. Check my spreadsheet to find out where I got each book.

I also do this post because sometimes (frequently) review books sit on my stack for a while before I read and review them. I try to read and review books within two weeks of publication date. Sometimes I can't, though, if too many books are releasing on the same date or if the book arrives too near its publication date and my calendar is already full.

I am very grateful to the authors and publishers who support my reading habit.

My Review Pile

October
Mind Game by Iris Johansen (Oct. 24)
 The Wicker King by K. Ancrum (Oct. 31)
November
 Unholy City by Carrie Smith (Nov. 7)
Much Ado About Murder by Elizabeth J. Duncan (Nov. 7)
 City of Lies by Victoria Thompson (Nov. 7)
Death at the Emerald by R. J. Koreto (Nov. 7)
A Spoonful of Magic by Irene Radford (Nov. 7)
Fragments of the the Lost by Megan Miranda (Nov. 14)

December
 Rugged Texas Cowboy by Lora Leigh (Dec. 5)
Bury the Past by James L'Etoile (Dec. 12)
A Murder for the Books by Victoria Gilbert (Dec. 12)
A Case of Syrah, Syrah by Nancy J. Parra (Dec. 12)

January
Death Below Stairs by Jennifer Ashley (Jan. 2)
Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (Jan. 9)
A Mortal Likeness by Laura Joh Rowland (Jan. 9)
A Treacherous Curse by Deanna Raybourn (Jan. 16)
Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann (Jan. 23)

February
The Greed by Scott Bergstrom (Feb. 6)
Ink, Iron, and Glass by Gwendolyn Clare (Feb. 20)
Pitch Dark by Courtney Alameda (Feb. 20)
Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman (Feb. 27)

March
Losing Leah by Tiffany King (March 20)
Hot and Badgered by Shelly Laurenston (March 27)

April
White Rabbit by Caleb Roehrig (April 24)

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. Enigma by Catherine Coulter (Sept. 27)
  2. Her Last Goodbye by Melinda Leigh (Sept. 28) 
  3. Devils & Thieves by Jennifer Rush (Sept. 25) 
  4. Satellite by Nick Lake (Sept. 27) 
  5. The Wicked Billionaire by Jackie Ashenden (Sept. 30) 
  6. Osiris by Eric C. Anderson (Oct. 4) 
  7. A Cajun Christmas Killing by Ellen Byron (Oct. 5) 
  8. Death Overdue by Allison Brook (Oct. 7) 
  9. Berserker by Emmy Laybourne (Oct. 6) 
  10. The Innocence Treatment by Ari Goelman (Oct. 11) 
  11. Best-Laid Plants by Marty Wingate (Oct. 12) 
  12. House of Shadows by Nicola Cornick (Oct. 18) 
  13. Last Chance by Gregg Hurwitz (Oct. 13)
Read Previously, Reviews Posted This Month
  1. Her Dark Half by Paige Tyler (Sept. 2)
  2. The Great Shelby Holmes Meets Her Match by Elizabeth Eulberg (Sept. 4)
  3. Nyxia by Scott Reintgen (Sept. 6)
  4. Body on Baker Street by Vicki Delany (Sept. 7) 
  5. All the Secret Places by Anna Carlisle (Sept. 9) 
  6. The Exact Location of Home by Kate Messner (Sept. 11)
  7. Murder, Magic, and What We Wore by Kelly Jones (Sept. 13) 
  8. The Last Move by Mary Burton (Sept. 13) 
  9. Archangel's Viper by Nalini Singh (Sept. 21) 
  10. A Poison Dark and Drowning by Jessica Cluess (Sept. 15) 
  11. Sleep Like a Baby by Charlaine Harris (Sept. 16)
  12. Stolen Secrets by L. B. Schulman (Sept. 18) 
  13. Find Me by Tiffany Snow (Sept. 20)
  14. The Hunt by Chloe Neill (Sept. 23)
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date published is listed in parentheses.
  1. Hot and Badgered by Shelly Laurenston (March 27)
  2. Enigma by Catherine Coulter (Sept. 12)
  3. Best-Laid Plants by Marty Wingate (Oct. 17)
  4. Last Chance by Gregg Hurwitz (Oct. 17)
  5. White Rabbit by Caleb Roehrig (April 24)
  6. Ink Iron and Glass by Gwendolyn Clare (Feb. 20)
  7. Pitch Dark by Courtney Alameda (Feb. 20)
  8. Losing Leah by Tiffany King (March 20)
  9. Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann (Jan. 23)
  10. The Greed by Scott Bergstrom (Feb.6)
  11. Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman (Feb. 27)
  12. A Mortal Likeness by Laura Joh Rowland (Jan. 9)
Next Month's Plan

I am just staying even with my review books. I have a nice assortment already for 2018 but expect to be adding to the collection as publishers post books to Edelweiss and NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!